- Advice for buying a new machine
- All Things Quilty websites and blogs
- Modern & Art Quilting
- Binding & Sleeve Tutorials
- Delicious Recipes from Bloggers
- E-Z Projects and Quilts
- Fantastic blog entries - had to share!
- Fabric & Batting Companies
- Free Projects
- Linky Blogs & Creative Troupe Bloggers
- Machine Embroidery Techniques and Projects
- Projects for Family
- Quilt As You Go Method
- Quilters who use embroidery machines
- "T" is for tension
- Short-arm Quilting on a Frame
- Scrappy, See 'n Sew and Pillow Case in 15 min.
- Nancy Zieman wonders
Monday, January 24, 2011
Civil War Quilt start
Here is the January or 1st block of the Civil War Quilt. I wish you could see the reproduction fabrics in person...the picture just doesn't do it justice. The center "medallion" block is the one we're creating this month. It has many HST (half square triangles) and flying geese. I searched youtube for ideas about how to best create nice, even flying geese. The ones I have created aren't the greatest. If you have any suggestions for flying geese, please leave a comment - thank you in advance!