Saturday, April 30, 2011

Free Motion Quilting Day 9 of 14 - creating a little sun!

Today my goal was to completely free motion without any pre-set design.
YLI see-through clear in the top
Sulky 40W rayon sunny yellow variegated thread in bobbin
I chose fabric with a design I could follow, then chose to continue to add thread in circles and swirls, for a 'sunshine' effect.  
My batting was white felt which would be appropriately flat for a mug rug.

It is such a dark, gray morning here (rain and snow) that it was quite challenging to take photos.
Now you can see why I'd like to create a little sun :-)

Junior Prom

Prom is tonight for my DD!  Crossing my fingers that there won't be a blizzard, even though we are currently in a blizzard warning.

God bless the families across the southeast who have faced such terrible destructive tornadoes this past week.   
Sending lots of loving thoughts and prayers your way!


My very first guest blogger Linda will be featured here on RocknQuilts on Monday, May 2nd  - she designs her own beautiful quilt patterns and sent me three for give-away, which will be held May 16th!  Don't forget to come back and get in on this give-away and a chance to get to know the designer!!

Linda from


  1. Hope DD has a safe and Fun prom night! Received your TY card in the mail it made me :) Love the textures on it and the bee too! :) We were supposed to have bad weather, but didn't (Thank God,because today was our hike for cancer)
    Hope you see the sun soon :)

  2. Sure hope DD has a fun Prom night and the storm doesn't create havoc.

    I'm enjoying seeing your FMQ work in this challenge. Keep up the great work.



Thank you for visiting! I appreciate your comments and hope you will choose to follow my blog.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...