The directional stripe had to be cut very carefully.
I took the time to "fussy cut" each square because it will be worth it in the end.
Eight of the sixteen squares were cut in half one direction and the other eight
were cut in the other direction.
I thought there was plenty of fabric.
I used thrift store fabric squares to keep everything that's the same direction together, pinning them down to the square so they won't shuffle around..
There's loads of this fabric in the May BOM. You'll only use a little this month, then will set aside the extra (which is quite a lot) for use in the November BOM.
I found that my rotating Olfa mat was very helpful with this job because I didn't have to turn the fabric. I cut two pieces at a time since I could avoid the shifting that normally occurs when you pick up fabric and turn it.
I ran out of the red fabric - I believe that if I had opened the fabric up completely, there would have been enough. I need to purchase another 5".
On Monday, May 16th, RocknQuilts will hold a drawing for one of three original patterns from Linda at www.b-bumble.com
Please click HERE for the drawing!